Monday 13 June 2011

The BEST Buttermilk Pancakes Ever...

I *thought* I had a good recipe for pancakes and really didn't think that I could top it until I had had THESE amazing pancakes...

This recipe is from a family friend's Grandmother and is trusty, tried and true.  It is absolutely NOT just another pancake recipe!  It makes tender, fluffy, delicious pancakes that taste decidedly more-ish especially when slathered in butter and maple syrup or fresh strawberries and whipped cream.  We triple or quad the recipe depending on what else we are serving (for our brood of 7).

Best Buttermilk Pancakes

1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
3/4 cup flour 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sugar

Mix well together, then add:

2/3 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp melted butter



Stir all that glossy loveliness together, then cook on an oiled griddle.



Serve hot off the griddle with lots of butter and syrup or fresh berries and whipped cream.  I also like them with just butter, berries and maple syrup.  *sigh*   I couldn't resist taking a few bites before I took the picture - sorry!  :) 






1 comment:

  1. Oh YUMMMMMMMMMMM

    Guess what I am making next weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete